Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Baby Brayson comes into the world June 14th, 2012 1:01am

Wed night June 13th as the nurses switched shifts the new nurse came in to introduce herself. I was really in a lot of pain at this point. Well I told the nurse that I was having a ton of pressure and pain in my back and she told me that I was just having Braxton Hicks contractions ha. My mom decided that she was gonna go home but told my dad when she got home that I was going to have the baby that night. I got another dose of medicine and was able to fall asleep for about an hr or so. I woke up around 11 and had awful pain in my back and butt. I got up to pee and after this the back labor/contractions were unbearable. I was clinging to the side of the bed in pain. The nurse came in to put me back on the monitors. While I am clinging to the bed she is fumbling with his heartrate monitor. I am almost screaming at this point and she probably messed with the monitor for 15 min. She left the room for a minute and I told Danny that I thought his head was right there. He ran out of the room and said somebody needs to come check my wife now. A nurse comes in and barely puts 1 finger in me and felt his head. At this point it became a mad scramble. Danny packed up all of our stuff and the nurses unhooked me from everything and rushed me down to labor and delivery. I got down there probably around 12:15 and they made me change beds in the middle of trying not to push. Danny said when I switched beds you could see the baby's head. I was so exhausted at this point and felt delirious. I also think I was in a bit of shock that I was about to have my son and that I was going to have to do it without any pain medication. I was also upset that my mom wasn't there. I started to push but it was so weird b/c you have the urge to push but at the same time it feels like your body is fighting against you b/c it hurts so bad. My mom made it around 12:30 and her and my sister came in the room. I continued to push and then I was told I had made it to the point where I would feel what is called the "ring of fire" and that is exactly what it felt like. I was screaming in pain and the nurses told me to use all my strength to push. I have to say during the whole process Danny was such a good coach and support. My mom kept asking me if I wanted a mirror to see or if I wanted to feel his head. I said no b/c in between pushing I would almost fall asleep from being so tired. And when I was pushing my eyes were closed. So I finally started pushing so hard and finally out came his head. And then the rest of his body.

Brayson Keith Wilcox was born at 1:01 am on Thursday, June 14th, 2012 at 33 weeks and 6 days in room 101. He came out screaming and turned pink right away. He was the most beautiful baby I have ever seen in my whole life. Even being early he had chubby little cheeks! They let Danny cut his cord and they took him over to access him and weigh him. Danny came over and told me he was perfect and that he was 5lbs 5oz and 19 inches long. Which is big for 6 weeks early! I was so happy he was that big. I also was so relieved that he was out and he seemed to be doing so well. I instantly felt better when he was out. Well for a second anyway. They then had to get my placenta out and while pulling on the cord it snapped and the midwife had to reach in and pull out my placenta which was a whole new pain in itself. At this point I learned that I had torn from I believe the placenta and not the baby. I needed 2 stitches. Well since I didn't have any pain meds I was told this would be less painful if they just did the 2 stitches instead of giving me a shot to numb it. So they started the stitches and they brought over Brayson so I could hold him for a minute. I was so happy b/c when my water broke my biggest fear was that I wasn't going to get to hold my baby that I had waited so long to hold. They put him in my arms and he was just so beautiful and didn't feel that small to me at all. Danny then held him for the 1st time. I have never in my whole life seen my husband beam more than he did seeing his son and holding him for the 1st time. They then took Brayson to the NICU and Danny was allowed to go see him an hour later. My dad and brother came in the room right after he was born and my dad was so excited to see his grandchild. He told me that when he heard him cry he burst into tears b/c he knew he was okay.  Danny went and saw him and brought back each family member and Brittany one at a time to see him. My dad had the IPAD and brought back his phone so I could see him on FaceTime. I then went and saw him around 3am. They then brought us up to our room and got us all situated around 4am. In that time we had filed a former complaint about the nurse who told me that I was having Braxton Hicks and ignored the way I was acting. I mean by the time they got me down to labor and delivery I had him within 45 minutes. If she had kept ignoring me I could've had him upstairs.






No comments:

Post a Comment