Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester

I entered the 3rd Trimester on May 4th, 2012. I had a Dr. appt today and had to take my 1 hr glucose test. After drinking that nasty orange drink and gagging getting it down I found out I failed by 10 points and would have to take the 3hr test ugh :( That night I started having really bad pain on my right side underneath my rib. I tried to go to sleep but couldn't because of the pain. I called my Dr around 1:30 and was told to take tylenol pm and call back if pain didn't go away. Well the pain didn't go away. I kept calling Danny but he was very busy at work that night and couldn't really talk to me. I tried calling my parents but they were at the lake and didn't answer their cell phones. So I just kept getting up and trying to get in different positions to try and ease the pain. I called the Dr back at 4:30 and they made me a Dr. appt for that morning. By 5:30 I started sweating and was in so much pain that I started throwing up. I had not thrown up my whole pregnancy until this point. I called Danny and told him he needed to come home now. I called back my Dr. and they told me to go to the emergency room. Waiting for Danny to get home I was in so much pain I couldn't even sit down I was just leaning over the sink and sweating and crying and it hurt really bad. Finally he got home and we went to the ER. Well being 28 weeks pregnant they sent me to Labor and Delivery. So they hooked me up to the monitors for contractions and the baby's heartbeat. They checked my urine but that was all they did. The pain at this point had passed and I was just exhausted from no sleep. I suspected the whole time that I had had a gallbladder attack but they never tested me for this. They gave me some meds for a UTI and sent us on our way. The following week I took the 3 hr glucose test. This time the drink was like a flat sprite. It was really nasty. They then take your blood 3 times and 1 time before the test. So you are there for almost 4 hrs. I got those results back and past with flying colors this time. That was a relief!!

The following Sat was my 1st baby shower. My mom, sister and Aunt Cathy threw it for me. It was so amazing! We had a bunch of people come and we got so much amazing things for Brayson! My sister made me a beautiful diaper cake. Aunt Kelly made Brayson a quilt and a couple of outfits. It was such a nice shower and something I really appreciate that people came to celebrate our little guy with us. It was so nice to see everyone that came out to see me! 2 weeks after that Ty graduated from High school so we had a lot of festivities to celebrate that! The 1st week of June we left to go to Myrtle Beach for the week. I got the all clear from my OB and that was the 2nd to last week that I could safely travel. I tried to stay under the tent for the most part and didn't get in the water very much at all. I got in the pool a few times but not much. It was quite exhausting walking around being pregnant. It rained for 3 days in a row so we only got 3 days in the sun. That was disappointing but probably a good thing for me.

As for 3rd trimester symptoms I think my biggest complaint was being uncomfortable and not finding a good position to sleep in. I was always having to pee. My back was hurting and I was continuing to have rib pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment