Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Brayson 1 month

It's been a while since I posted but I'm going to try and remember things about each month of his life so far. It's been hard to remember to do this now that he is here and occupying my time!

Brayson's 1st month of life was pretty uneventful after his 5 day NICU stay and my surgery. B/c he was premature he mostly just ate, slept and pooped for the 1st month. He didn't really do much. We did take him up to the lake for the 4th of July and he did great! Danny stayed home with us for his 1st month of life and I am so grateful that he did! Once we decided that formula feeding Brayson was the best and really only option for us we fell into a nice little routine. Danny would stay up with Bray until after his 2 am feeding so he took the 11pm and 2am feedings and I would go to bed around 10. Then I would set my alarm for the 5am and 8am feedings. Bray mostly slept in his swing and then I would come and switch spots on the couch with Danny. It was so nice that he was able to do those feedings and bond with Brayson. It was also so nice for me to be able to actually get some good sleep. Danny can sleep through anything but me I wake up to a pen dropping on the floor. Well Brayson made a bunch of noises that is normal for a newborn. He would grunt and just was pretty noisy and then when hew was quite I would get scared and jump up to make sure he was okay. I'm sure this is pretty typical for a new mom. The day before Brayson's 1 month birthday Danny went back to work. I was so nervous and scared to be all by myself with the baby but we made it! At Brayson's 1 month Dr. appt. he weighed 7lbs and 6oz. So he was really starting to put on the weight and really made me happy with the decision to formula feed with the extra calorie preemie formula.







No comments:

Post a Comment