Tuesday, April 3, 2012

16 weeks!! Gender Ultrasound!!



So I had heard that you could find out the gender of the baby at 16 weeks. My dr was making us wait until 20w, which felt like an eternity so for my birthday I decided I wanted to go to one of the places and find out what we were having. So on Fri, Feb 10th we went with my parents to find out what we were having. I was going with boy b/c Danny had been convinced that it was girl the whole time. We started the ultrasound and we got to see our baby with the arms and legs wiggling around. The baby was very active but kept it's legs closed. So I got up and went to the bathroom and tried to move around. Well we finally got a view and the baby appeared to have 3 little lines in between the legs which means girl. I started crying! I was so excited I had always wanted a little girl! Danny held my hand and we kept watching the ultrasound and tried to get a peek 3 more times all with the same result! It was so neat to see the baby moving on the screen and see how big she had gotten! I was in amazement. After that Danny and I went to get lunch and went to Kohls and I bought her an outfit. We had decided on the name Lexie Ann for a girl so that was her name. We were both thrilled! That night my mom made dinner and we had my aunt over to tell her what it was. Everyone was excited and my mom and sister had gone shopping and already had bought Lexie a full closet full of clothes. The next day we went and bought her bedding and tried to decide which color to paint the nursery. We decided on Jungle Jill for the bedding and choose the green in it to paint the nursery. Later that week Danny and Shawn worked on the beadboard and Danny painted the nursery. I was so excited for her cute nursery. I was finally starting to get a little bit of a baby bump at this time!! Feeling pretty good which they say the 2nd trimester is the easy one! At 16w4d Valentine's day I felt my 1st kick! I was so excited!! Later that week Tara took me to Babies R Us and helped me register for the baby. OMG it is so overwhelming how many baby products there are and I was so grateful that she took time out of her day to help me do this. I would have been so lost! Over the next few weeks I would rub my belly and talk to Lexie and I was just so excited for her. Mom and I were always looking at all the cute little girl clothes and it was so exciting. At around 19w I started to feel her move on a daily basis which is the most amazing feeling in the world!! It's that reassurance that you know there is a live baby in you and it's just amazing. God is so good and it is truly a miracle when you think of how a life begins and how small it is and what it becomes. I feel like I have been in awe this whole pregnancy at what my body is doing and what is going on inside of me. I thank God daily for this miracle of life he has blessed us with!

Pictures are: Blue shirt 16 weeks, purple shirt 17 weeks, Danny holding the blanket of the bedding set and the color green the room is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment