Tuesday, April 3, 2012

21w3d ultrasound! Remember that .01%??






So on Mon, Mar 19th, Danny and I went back in to try and get the rest of the measurements of the baby. It had been 9 days since the previous ultrasound. The baby still wiggled a lot and I have come to the conclusion that this child does not like it's space to be invaded. I also decided I have a mini Danny on my hands b/c this child can not sit still. Hmmm sound like anyone!! Haha!!

We went into the ultrasound room and this lady was so much nicer. She is there regular tech and the lady we had 9 days before was a temp they had hired for the day. So for some reason we asked her to look again at the gender. Well she gets down to that area and she looks at us very seriously and asked us who told us this was a girl. As Danny and I stared at the screen and sitting right on the screen was a very obvious penis. She said this is very obviously a boy not a girl. OMG! I started crying. For 5 weeks that baby had been a little girl to me and now it was quite an obvious little BOY! Danny kinda started arguing with the tech and telling her that the other lady told us 99.9%. I got up and went to the bathroom and came back. We continued with the ultrasound and got a great view of his profile and mouth but couldn't get his spine. I just layed there in shock with tears rolling down my face. She scheduled us to come back on the day of my appt so she could get his spine. Danny filed a formal complaint against the tech from 9 days earlier.

Next stop go tell mom and dad. On the way home I kept looking at the pictures and wondering how someone could miss something that obvious. Danny looked over and was like wow I'm having a son! I'm pretty sure the smile has not left his face since the day we found out it was a boy. I know he was just as excited to have a girl but I think it is every man's dream to have a little boy. I on the other hand was having a really hard time accepting it. Not that I'm not super excited to have a little boy, it was just that I had bonded with a little girl and having a hard time adjusting to the fact that I wouldn't have all my little frilly dresses and bows and pink and purple.

We got to mom's house and I had to pee. Danny said he wanted to tell them so I said okay so mom comes over and says how's the baby. I finished peeing and he told her well the baby is fine but.... it's not a girl. My mom stood there shocked and said what stop playing, seriously, seriously? Danny's like seriously and then she looked at me and I said seriously. We showed her the pic and she was like OMG I would say so. I think mom was having as hard of a time as me adjusting to this. She was like okay well lets go tell your dad. Well of course dad was on what felt like the longest call of my life. When he finally got off we said we had big news. Danny said well the baby is not a girl it's a BOY! My dad just looked at us and laughed and I think said really. We showed him the picture and he was like OMG he's a big boy how did they miss that? We still aren't sure how that was missed twice. Him and Danny both had grins from ear to ear and were super excited about their boy! We video chatted my grandparents and grandpa was super excited too. Then we video chatted Aunt Kelly. I felt so bad for her b/c she had been working on a quilt for the baby and had already completed the outer edges plus some and it was all in coordinating nursery colors for the girl bedding. She was about as shocked as mom and me. We made the calls to the rest of the family and Danny and I headed home.

Those 24 hrs after finding out were very hard for me. For anyone that's ever experienced a gender change it is very hard. It is like mourning the loss of a daughter b/c that is who thought it was for such a long time. I felt so terribly bad about crying and being upset b/c our little boy is very healthy and that is all that matters. I felt so guilty b/c we had been through so much to have this baby and I was so upset. Again, I will say I was not upset that it was a boy, I was upset that the baby I had bonded with wasn't what I thought. I woke up the following day crying and feeling guilty. I then decided to talk to the baby, our little boy, Brayson Keith. I told him that I was so excited for him and that I loved him very much! I told him that I hoped he had his daddy's height and athletic abilities but that he had my competitive side. His dad is very competitive but gets angry and isn't a very good sport when he loses. So that is why I want him to get my competitiveness. B/c I am still competitive just not like Danny. I told him that I hoped he had his grampy's good heart. I told him it would be okay if he got some of the Beaucamp chunk though b/c that might be good for him later on to be a little thicker. Later that day I started to really accept that we were having a little boy and I was starting to feel much better. Feeling him move inside me made me get past it and move on and start to build my bond with my son!

Mom and I went and returned the bedding and got a cute boy set and then returned the clothes. Brayson now has a bunch of clothes in his closet! Danny repainted the nursery. Although it was a light green he said it was girl green and his son needed a darker green. When I think about my son I am so excited to meet him in July! I have visions of him playing in the backyard with his daddy and Chipper! I know that little boys love their mommy's so much and I will be the apple of his eye! I can't wait to see my husband and his little boy and see him want to be just like his dad!

We went back 3 days later and I had a reg dr. appt and I was measuring right at 22w. The baby looked good and the dr said all of the ultrasound results looked perfect. We then went over and got our last ultrasound of his spine. It was beautiful and looked great. We also confirmed that yes it is still a Boy!! Our little boy got a total clean bill of health and so did his mommy!

Pictures: Long legs like daddy! Curled in a ball so we could get his spine! Legs and arms curled up! Fist bumping already! And clearly a BOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment