Tuesday, April 3, 2012

20 weeks 5 months!! The anatomy scan!






I hit the 20 week mark on Mar 9th. That day we got to go in for our anatomy scan at the dr. I was really excited to get to see Lexie again and make sure that she was still Lexie. This was an hour long scan and they measure everything, the spine, the heart, the legs, the belly every part. It is very cool. We brought my mom and sister so they could see. Well we ended up getting a not very friendly ultrasound tech and were only allowed 1 at a time. I also had to have a full bladder which for a pregnant lady is not easy to do. It's also not easy when you have a baby who does not like your bladder and kicks and punches it all the time! We started the ultrasound and the baby could not sit still. She was all over the place. She started as breech, then went head down and just moved constantly! The lady started the measurements that she could and then looked and confirmed that it was still a girl. She continued her ultrasound and said we were gonna have to come back b/c she couldn't get the babies mouth, nose or spine and those are necessary for cleft palate and spina bifid a. She looked one last time to make sure it was a girl and she said I see the labia and I am 99.9% sure it is a girl. Although, she started to see what looked like the umbilical cord but she said the baby was kicking it and that she was sure it was a girl. Ok awesome I like 99.9% we can rest assured this is a girl! We got some great pictures of her. She was measuring 20w2d which was 2 days ahead of schedule and about 12 oz. I was so excited about my big girl at all of our previous ultrasounds she had been 3 days behind and now she was 2 days ahead!

At 20w4d, Danny felt the baby kick for the 1st time twice! It was so neat to see his face and see the amazement he felt. I of course got tears in my eyes for the moment we had just experienced together. If you know Danny you know that he has the absolute best facial expressions ever! I can't wait to see his face the first time he sees his baby!

We scheduled our next ultrasound for 21w3d to try to get all the measurements before my dr appt on that Thurs.

Pictures are: Me at 20 weeks pregnant. The "girl" shot! A little foot, a little hand waving high! And profile pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment