Tuesday, April 3, 2012

OMG!! I'm pregnant!!! Finally!!!


On Tues, Nov 22nd, I went in and had my blood drawn to find out if we were indeed pregnant or not. I had a good feeling but was still scared out of my mind. My parents were out of town that week on a cruise so I was working at their house with Karen. Karen and I went to lunch and I was so anxious to find out the results. We talked about it and then talked about if it was negative and what we would do then. Karen and I had left the restaurant and were in the car and around 1:15 I got a call from the nurse. She said well your numbers look really good.... your pregnant. I started crying immediately saying: really, really? Karen was slapping my leg and was so excited too! My number was 910 which is a really high number for that day. Since it was Thanksgiving week they told me to come back in on Mon and have my next test done. Karen and I were screaming in the car and I was like I have to go tell Danny. So she turned the car around and drove me up to headquarters. Danny was working at headquarters b/c he had had surgery the month before to remove the screws and plates in his ankle. So, I went in and asked the front desk person to call Danny up front. He walked out and I gave him a hug and said "We're pregnant"!!! He was like OMG really. He just hugged me and kissed me and we smiled and laughed and were so excited! Karen and I left and went back to work. That night Danny and I went out with Tara and Michael to celebrate our good news.

A few days later was Thanksgiving and since my parents were gone and still did not know the news, Danny and I had to hold it in. Then on Sat my parents were on there way home and it felt like the longest day waiting on them to get back. Finally sometime after 8pm they were home. After hugs and kisses my mom was like well I'm dying tell me. So I said well "We're Pregnant"!!! At that point I was 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant! That was such a long week waiting to tell mom and dad they were going to be grandparents finally! I told them I was due July 27th, 2012. We were all so excited!! No one in the extended family knew but apparently dad had been a blabber mouth and told his parents we were doing this again so we video chatted them and told them they were going to be great grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment